Social Justice Ideology Takes Root in Cru’s Sports Ministry
Wokepedia News Written by Pastor Sam Jones
Athletes in Action (AIA) the sports outreach arm of Cru (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ) has gone beyond sports actions and Christian actions and have started promoted resources for “justice” actions. In AIA’s “Justice Resources” information you can find all kinds of woke gems being promoted, here are a few that are listed:
- Book: The Cross and the Lynching Tree by James Cone – James Cone is a known promoter of Liberation theology (a theology that is based on Critical Race Theory) Check out this video from Jon Harris on discussing it.
- Book: Woke Church by Eric Mason – While the name of the book is pretty self incriminating Mason also has claimed that “Whiteness has caused blindness of heart,” as the Enemies Within: The Church film revealed. Mason also preached a sermon entitled “A Biblical Case for Reparations.” In that sermon, he proposed that the U.S. Government pay tuition for all black students in America, fund historically black colleges and universities, and reimburse all black people who have paid student loan debts. More than that, he has also advocated for “psychological reparations” involving payment for 200 years of counseling.
- Book: The Color of Compromise by Jamar Tisby – Yes, the same Jamar Tisby who claimed Jesus “entered into our experience so that He could identify with us and express solidarity with us.”
- Podcast: 1619 – Yes, the podcast that gave birth to the dreaded 1619 Project that teaches:
- That America was founded as a slave-ocracy
- The motivation of the Founding Fathers in 1776 was to continue slavery
- The enumerated ideals in the declaration of independence — specifically that all men are created equal — were false when they were written
- Capitalism is a form of slavery
- And teaches inaccuracies like, “Our Declaration of Independence, signed on July 4, 1776, proclaims that ‘all men are created equal’ and ‘endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights.’ But the white men who drafted those words did not believe them to be true for the hundreds of thousands of black people in their midst.” Three of the Five drafters of the Declaration of Independence — Roger Sherman, Benjamin Franklin, and John Adams — didn’t own slaves and Benjamin Franklin became the president of the first abolitionist society and a great many others of our founding fathers opposed slavery.
As a person who grew up going to AIA basketball camps every summer growing up, this news that AIA has sold out to the social justice false gospel is, to say the least, very disappointing.